AFTER-SCHOOL THEATRE FACILITATOR
About CASA: Through an award from New York City Councilmembers, we provide after-school theatre based programming for DOE students across New York in Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx. We work in two-facilitator teams with the young people (3-12th grade) to create performances based on their ideas, interests and observations of the world around them. Our final session is a chance to share the young people’s work with the school community, families and City Council Members.
We are looking for Facilitators to run sessions 2-4 afternoons per week
Population: Elementary, Middle & High School Students
- After-school (approximately 2:30pm to 5pm)
- 24 sessions; two 12-week cycles; approx. 2 hours per session; final session is extended for a sharing
- Once per week (on the same day) in each school
- After-school sessions begin Early October 2017 & end (at the latest) mid-June 2018
- There will be weekly training/planning sessions at CAT Midtown Offices (Tuesday mornings)
Content: Playbuilding Model:
- Facilitating group building activities & discussions
- Theatre skill-building
- Devising theatre based the young people’s ideas and reflections on the world
- Assembling and directing performative creations with participants
- Facilitating a brief performative sharing at the end of each 12 week residency
- Weekly CASA In-Office Days: Tuesdays 9am – 1pm during your residencies; *Oct 31: 9am – 3pm
- Future CASA Team Trainings: Jan 3, 4, 5 (10 – 4pm)
To Apply: Send an email with the subject line “CASA Facilitator– [Your Name]” to Shamilia McBean, CASA Project Director
Please include: the weekday afternoons you’re available for afterschool facilitation & your resume.
We will be scheduling appointments for Interview/Artistic Review immediately.
CAT BUDGET DIRECTOR
The Budget Director provides oversight, management and hands-on coordination of CAT’s financial functions. The Budget Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the senior staff to set organizational priorities, develop financial forecasting, and generate internal and external financial reports. The successful candidate will be a participatory manager of the finance department and will develop an internal team to support all areas of finance, business planning, budgeting, and personnel to ensure CAT’s program quality, fiscal strength, and effective administration.
Click here for more information and/or to apply.
Click here to view the listing on idealist.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT E-VERIFY EMPLOYER