Creative Arts Team is an approved New York State Education Department Sponsor of Continuing Teacher & Leader Education (CTLE).
A vital part of CAT’s mission is to share the interactive, student-centered teaching methods that impact young people, ensuring that our work doesn’t end when our teaching artists leave the classroom. To that end, CAT has been providing professional development opportunities for educators and other youth development professionals for decades. CAT’s robust, practical workshops are enjoyable, hands-on, and tailored to address pertinent topics within the greater NYC community.
Want to bring CAT to your school, community site, or organization? Click here to get in touch, and click here for upcoming CAT-hosted professional development sessions.
CAT’s professional development outreach has included workshops in Early Childhood Education, Anti-Racism & Implicit Bias, Social Emotional Supports for Students, School Violence Prevention, HIV Prevention, Shakespeare, Dropout Prevention, and site-specific topics. In addition to professional development workshops, CAT staff members have presentated at several conferences including:
- NYC Arts in Education Roundtable Face to Face Conference
- ICPH Beyond Housing Conference
- UFT BRAVE Campaign Anti-Bullying Conference
- Indiana Assoc. for the Education of Young Children Conference
- American Evaluation Association Conference
- United States Society for Education through Art Regional Conference
- American Alliance for Theatre Education