A vital part of CAT’s mission is to share the interactive, student-centered teaching methods that make such an impact with young people, ensuring that our work doesn’t end when our actor-teachers leave the classroom. To that end, CAT has been providing professional development opportunities for educators and other youth development professionals for decades. CAT’s robust, practical workshops are enjoyable, hands-on, and tailored to address pertinent topics within the greater NYC community.
Click here for upcoming Professional Developments
Recently, CAT’s professional development outreach included workshops in Early Childhood Education, School Violence Prevention, HIV Prevention, Shakespeare, Dropout Prevention, as well as workshops for Homes for the Homeless educators. In addition to Professional Development workshops, CAT staff members have presentated at several conferences, including:
- NYC Arts in Education Roundtable Face to Face Conference
- ICPH Beyond Housing Conference
- UFT BRAVE Campaign Anti-Bullying Conference
- Indiana Assoc. for the Education of Young Children Conference
- American Evaluation Association Conference
- United States Society for Education through Art Regional Conference
- American Alliance for Theatre Education
- 1,658 Educators and Youth Development Professionals
- 1,639 Conference Participants
- 110 Parents
- 594 Professional Development, Conference & Parent Workshops
- 480 YALP Practitioners & Young Adults from 16 Sites
- 526 YALTA Workshops, Events & Observations
CUNY-CAT is an approved New York State Education Department Sponsor of Continuing Teacher & Leader Education (CTLE).
CAT's Professional Development Initiative features a series of workshops for Educators and Youth Development Professionals. Click here for more information.
The CUNY M.A. in Applied Theatre, offered by the CUNY School of Professional Studies in partnership with CAT, is the first of its kind in the United States. Students learn to use drama to facilitate, educate and activate.
Early Learning Program: NYC Wolf Trap
CASA - After School Drama
Director of Resource Development
Early Learning Program
CUNY-CAT is an approved NYSED CTLE Sponsor.
CUNY-CAT is an approved NYC DOE Vendor.
August 17, 2020
Press Release: BURBERRY INSPIRE Arts Partnership